Red Bee Media is a global media and broadcast organization which has more than 2000 employees, based in UK, France, Netherlands, Sweden, Finland, Germany, Spain and Australia. We connect the world’s content to audiences everywhere, through an agile, innovative and flexible technology infrastructure with world class operating models. We operate in TV markets all over the world and with some of the strongest brands in the industry. We work with both public service broadcasters and major commercial clients including the BBC, NBC, ITV, C4, Canal+, and many clients in France, Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands, Russia and China among others. We work with local market channels, pan-European channels, global channels and every combination in between and we understand the complexities of each.
Currently we are looking for a Network Engineer
As a member of the Infrastructure Network & Security Team you will responsible for the low level design, delivery and 3rd line support of the Networks and Security Infrastructure for Red Bee Media globally with a key focus on our local customers. You will be a member of a global team reporting to the Global Network & Security Manager within the Infrastructure Team. As a member of this team you will work closely with and develop strong relationships with teammates both locally and within other countries. Work closely with other technical specialists, and infrastructure teams to deliver world class solutions on which the business operates.
- You will be expected to use your knowledge and experience to perform more in-depth troubleshooting, tracing issues to a system or service, which is not performing as expected.
- Your expertise and knowledge of these systems will look to resolve any issues within our SLA’s and prevent interruption to our world class service. In addition to this, you will have the ability to call upon and work with other teams in the wider business to provide the data and information they need, to resolve wider issues.
- Create problem tickets for recurring issues and chase change approvals to meet with SLAs.
- Manage supplier tickets through to resolution, ensuring proper response times are adhered to and escalating (internally and externally) as needed.
- Consolidate and standardize connectivity solutions towards fewer better managed suppliers and circuits.
- Ensure that capacity across the company is being used efficiently and reduce duplication of circuits between destinations.
- Prepare reports and keep diagrams up to date, define rate cards and cost models with SDM.
- Define and implement an interconnection strategy with global internet exchanges, CDNs, key suppliers and partners.
Experience & Knowledge
- Working in a large-scale Enterprise environment with an emphasis on high availability and providing a highly responsive and professional server.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP networking and routing.
- Implementation, management, and support of Juniper SRX Firewall in an Enterprise environment.
- Implementation, management, and support of Juniper
- Brocade in an Enterprise environment.
- Implementation, management and support of RAS and Load
- Balancing platforms. Ideally F5 LTM and APM.
- Implementation, management and support of Proxy Servers. Ideally Bluecoat.
- Excellent stakeholder communications to all levels of audience.
What we offer
- International organization powered by technology and customer interaction
- Industry related training
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive compensation package, annual bonus
- International career opportunities
- Professional communities
- Extensive professional development opportunities
- Exposed to the most recent trends of global technology such as IoT, 4G & 5G.
- Laptop & Mobile
— stel je vraag of
Mocht je willen solliciteren op deze vacature of heb je vragen over de vacatures, neem dan contact op met: Karin Deetman 030-7118844. Of vul bijgevoegd formulier in.
Van Deventerlaan 30-40
3528 AE Utrecht
+31 (0)30 711 88 44
... en drink gezellig een kop koffie met ons. Eet een broodje mee of kom naar de borrel op vrijdagmiddag. Iedereen is van harte welkom.
Geen zware gesprekken, maar een gesprek over de (on-) mogelijkheden, IT en alles wat met het leven samenhangt.
Copyright 2020 © One Zero IT